|Maria Karnezou is in charge of the educational programs in the Thessaloniki Science Center and Technology Museum. She has been a member of the NOESIS staff for the past 10 years in the development and evaluation of educational activities with a science and technology orientation. She also works on projects to initiate and strengthen collaborations between museums, schools and universities. She holds a Master’s Degree in science didactics and NT and a PhD in informal science education in science and technology museums.|
Her research and publications investigate teachers’ practices for integrated school / museum learning and the complementary roles of teachers in informal learning contexts.
- Karnezou, M., Kariotoglou, P. (2004). Teachers’ Practices when visiting a Technology Museum with their classes. Themes in Education, 5, (1), 101-114.
- Karnezou, M. (2004). The process of teachers’ planning and implementation of school visits to science and technology museums. In H.E.Fischer (Ed.), Proceedings of the Conference on Developing Standards in Research on Science Education – The 7th European Science Education Research Association E.S.E.R.A. Summer School, 125- 130, Mülheim, 28 August – 4 September.
- Karnezou, M., Augitidoy, S., Kariotoglou, P. (2013).“Links between teachers’ beliefs and their practices in a science and technology museum Visit”. International Journal of Science Education Part B, Communication and Public Engagement , 3(3), 246-266
- The Eighth International Literacy and Education Research Network Conference on Learning, Spetses, 4-8 July 2001.
- 1st Hellenic Conference «Teaching Science in the Information Society», Athens 18-21 April, 2002.
- The Seventh European Science Education Research Association E.S.E.R.A. Summer School, Mülheim, 28 August – 4 September, 2004
· 4th Hellenic Conference in “Science Didactics and New Technologies in education”, Athens, 26-28 November, 2004.
- The Fifth International ESERA Conference on «Contributions of Research to Enhancing Students’ Interest in Learning Science», Barcelona, 28 August – 1 September, 2005, Spain
- 1st Hellenic Meeting of Postgraduate Students, «Postgraduate Studies and Research in Education», Florina, 30 September – 2 October, 2005.
- “Links between teachers’ personal theories and practices in informal science education”. 7th Hellenic Conference in “Science Didactics and New Technologies in education”, Alexandroupoli, 15-17 April, 2011.
- «A study of Early childhood teachers about the organization of school visits to museums. 7th Hellenic Conference Science in Early childhood Surpassing the borders between formal and informal young children’s education in science and the environment, Florina, 19-21 October, 2012.